Fayetteville Property Owners' Guide To Effective Ant Control
January 15, 2022
Ant control in Fayetteville may be essential for some residents who are struggling with an ant infestation too large to handle on their own. Learning about ant prevention and investing in professional ant control is the best way to handle an ant invasion.
Common Ants In Fayetteville
There are several ant species in Fayetteville, but a few types are more common than others. These include pharaoh ants, red imported fire ants, and carpenter ants. They are fairly easy to tell apart as pharaoh ants are yellow, red imported fire ants are reddish or brown, and carpenter ants are shiny black.
All of these ants can cause significant problems on your property, including the destruction of outdoor areas where they nest and contamination of food and food storage areas when they get indoors. Also, fire ants can trigger an allergic reaction when they bite or sting, and carpenter ants can cause internal destruction to your property as they tunnel through wood.
What Attracts Ants To Your Property?
It is important to understand what attracts ants to your property if you want to know how to get rid of them from around your home or business. In most cases, ants are attracted to:
- Areas of excess moisture.
- Easy access to food sources, such as leftover food, trash, and unprotected food storage areas. Ants especially love sugar and protein-rich foods.
- Warm shelter as the weather cools down.
- Accessible hiding places due to clutter in your yard or inside of your house.
How To Get Rid Of Ants – Prevention You Should Know
A big part of understanding how to get rid of ants is following several prevention tips for your Fayetteville property. The tactics below can act as effective ant control and help to curb any ant infestation before it becomes full-blown.
- Ant control in your business or your home depends on reducing the factors that attract ants. A major culprit of this is improper food and trash storage, as the odor will bring scavenging ants to your property. Ensure to properly store all leftover food, dispose of trash in tightly sealed bags, and promptly clean food and drink spills.
- Keep the grass in your yard trimmed low and clear the area of debris, especially fallen leaves or fruit, to reduce outdoor hiding spots for ants.
- Seal up any potential ant entry points around your property's windows, doors, and foundation. You should also check the gaps between utility lines that lead into your property, replace broken window and door screens, and invest in weatherstripping to ant-proof your home.
- Address any moisture issues either inside or outside on your property, as pools of water can attract ants. Fix leaks and make sure your home or business has proper ventilation throughout.
If these prevention tactics are too little, too late, you should be investing in a pest control ant treatment plan with the professionals at Ennis Exterminating right away.
Can Pest Control Get Rid Of Ants Permanently?
Many Fayetteville residents may be wondering – can pest control get rid of ants? Fortunately, professional ant control in Fayetteville is one of the best, most effective ant control tactics. The experts at Ennis Exterminating will fully inspect your property and figure out the root source of your ant problem. Then our specialists will provide you with a customized pest control ant treatment plan that will ensure your Fayetteville property stays protected against ants and completely pest-free.